Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Stressful times

So then came the Engagment party which we had at De Luca's Studio, our family business. It was wonderful and I would have loved to invite more people but we had to cap it at 125, being our family and wedding party.

We have 10 groomsmen (2 best men), 8 bridesmaids, 1 maid of honor, 2 junior bridesmaids and 2 groomsmen, 1 beautiful flower girl, and 1 extremely cute ring bearer.

In Winnipeg, there is also the tradition of a wedding social. A party to support the bride and groom with their special day, having music, dancing, food, and a silent auction.
This is coming up on Friday, April 3 at St. Norbert Arena. It holds 1000 people so we are hoping to fill the place and have an amazing party and a wicked time!

So this is the time of year where the stress is starting to kick in.

I have my dress for the social, accessories, hair appointment booked but there is so much planning which goes into this one night and we both want it to go well.

There are donations to collect, prize baskets to make, decorations and food to order, tickets to sell...it is both fun and stressful all at once! I am also a full time student and pilates teacher and dance teacher so my days are pretty busy already.

Well, I have to head off to class so I will continue with the social planning next time!

Alexandria

No comments:

Post a Comment