Monday, March 9, 2009

Diary of a Blushing Bride

As every bride knows, planning a wedding can be a fun, exciting, stressful, and crazy experience!
I would like to share with you my experiences as I plan for my wedding on August 29th, 2009.

So far things are going well and making decisions one small bit a time reduces the overwhelming feeling of planning a wedding.
My fiance and I are both Italian with large families so we are expecting a large wedding of about 400 people attending.

I will be a wonderful experience with a lot of planning and attention to detail. I am a bit of a perfectionist so the details are VERY important to me.

I will fill you in on the background of Amedeo (Amo for short) and my relationship and how he proposed:
Our families had known each other since they lived only a few towns away from each other in Southern Italy. Both my parents and his moved to Canada to start a better life for us. My family started a business here in Winnipeg and Amo's mom worked there for many years. As we got older (15-16) I started to help out as my summer job waiting tables, making coffees, answering phones, and Amo worked as a dishwasher. We used to flirt like crazy! He was such a cutie and a mature 2 years older so naturally I fell in love.

Well, as the years went by, I moved to Toronto, worked on a cruise ship as a dancer and was living the life. I would come back to Winnipeg to visit my family after every contract and we would see each other out.
His sister ended up marrying my cousin so I used to go over and visit their 2 girls all the time and Amo would be there too so we always got a chance to chat and see each other. He was one of those people where I would always wonder what he was up to?

When I decided to move back for good we were both single and actually entertained the fact of dating. Well, we hit it off. The timing was right and we had such a blast together. I really didn't think we would click so well but we did!

That's all for now! Ciao

Alexandria

Check out some of my other sites here:
Quincy and Clea
Living Well
Housewife Helper

No comments:

Post a Comment